Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hello Kitty confetti cake

I could hardly contain my excitement at my recent find - confetti cakes. Imagine a beautiful vanilla cake flecked with the colours of the rainbow. Combine this with the epitome of cake shaped cuteness - Hello Kitty, and you have one helluva birthday cake - well my friend Becky did this week.



All you have to do to grab yourself a piece of the confetti cake action is fold some hundreds and thousands into the cake mix, just before you dollop the mix into the cake tins. 



When the cake is baked and sliced open, it looks like this:


I love the fact that nobody slices into a cake expecting it to be decorated inside too. It's for this reason that I like to keep the external decoration simple so that the confetti interior is a nice surprise. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment