Thursday 9 August 2012

2000 Hits Baking Weekend - Update



Last weekend I decided to bake something sweet to mark the BakesWell blog's 2000 hits. I had a few ideas floating about but decided to make this fruity beauty. If I'm honest, I've been a bit daunted by Ms Meringue as I've heard she can be a tricky dame to tame - impressive and elegant, but brittle and unpredictable if she senses fear. As I had 6 egg whites stashed in the freezer, left over from a previous day's baking, I thought that it was time to don an apron and commence battle with this diva of a dessert.


What is also pleasing about this pavlova, is that it's gluten-free, which means it would be a useful dessert to have at a party.


The marshmallowy meringue base is flavoured with cocoa and swirled though with little nuggets of chocolate, for a cheeky surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment